The potatoes themselves taste like Salt and Vinegar chips, and the dipping sauce tastes like Sour Cream and Onion chips. So we have two kinds of chips that are really good, and then we made them into a grown up potato dish, and now we are famous among the potato lovers in our family, which is everyone.
Who doesn't like a new way to cook potatoes? They're cheap and filling and delicious and when drizzled with butter right before roasting no one is usually terribly mad at you.
For the dipping sauce you need Greek yogurt or sour cream, heavy cream, a garlic clove, a green onion, and salt. You know I'm obsessed with full-fat Greek yogurt, but I suppose you could go lighter if you want to. I'll allow it.
Now, shake the potatoes so they are really dry, then spread them in one layer on a baking sheet. I line mine with parchment paper to make cleaning the pan easier, but that's optional. Melt the butter, and drizzle the butter and vinegar over the potatoes, then sprinkle them with salt. This is why we boil first - by adding the vinegar to the hot potatoes they get flavored from the inside out. Toss the potatoes then spread them back out into one layer on the pan. Now we roast!
- 8 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into a 1-inch dice
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon salt to a large pot and cover with water. Bring the potatoes to a boil, boil for 3 minutes, then drain the potatoes.
- Spread the hot potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in one even layer. Sprinkle with salt, the vinegar, and drizzle over the butter. Toss to combine, then spread back into one layer. Bake the potatoes 20-30 minutes until browned and crispy.
- For the dip, combine the cream, yogurt, garlic, scallion, and a pinch of salt.
- Dip the hot potatoes in the yogurt sauce, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Serving Size: 6