All the best words: quick, delicious, healthy, salmon dinner. Our favorite weeknight salmon situation!
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 10 ounces boneless salmon filet, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 cup white rice, cooked to package directions
- broccoli with lemon wedges, for serving
- Sauce: Combine the cream, maple syrup, and mustard with a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Whisk to combine, and taste for seasoning. Add another pinch of salt if you prefer, then set aside.
- Salmon Seasoning: Using your fingertips, mix together the salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and dill. Sprinkle all over the salmon chunks.
- Cook: Get the rice simmering, preheat a large skillet for the salmon, and start cooking the green veg you are using. Set timers, and keep each component warm as it finishes.
- Salmon: While the rice and broccoli are cooking, add a drizzle of oil to the preheated skillet and add the salmon in an even layer. Sear the salmon for about 2-minutes on each side (all sides!) until golden and mostly cooked through.
- Assemble: Build salmon rice bowls with salmon, broccoli, and white rice. Drizzle with the maple mustard cream sauce and add a lemon wedge for brightness. Enjoy!
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep this meal by whisking together the sauce and measuring the salmon spices in advance to speed up the cooking even more.
Gluten free as written.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon rice bowl, maple mustard sauce