- 2 large or 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut into halves or quarters if very large
- 2 pears, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 500F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or lots of cooking spray.
- Mix the carrots and potatoes in a bowl with half the olive oil, half of each of the spices, and salt to your preference. Spread on the baking sheet and roast for 10 - 15 minutes until partially cooked.
- Meanwhile, combine the pears and Brussels sprouts with the remaining olive oil, spices, and more salt. Stir to combine. When the potatoes and carrots are partially cooked, add the pears and Brussels to the pan and spread into one even layer.
- Cook for 10 - 15 minutes more, stirring once, until the root veggies are tender and the Brussels sprouts are soft but not mushy. Taste, and sprinkle with extra salt if desired. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 4