FOR THE SALAD
- ½ cups Wild Rice
- ½ cups Barley
- ½ cups Brown Rice
- 3 whole Scallions
- ½ whole Bell Pepper (color Your Choice)
- ¼ cups Fresh Cilantro Or Other Herb Leaves
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ cups Toasted Almond Slivers Or Pieces
- ½ cups Feta Cheese
- 4 leaves Lettuce
- 1 head Endive
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cups Each, Parsley And Cilantro Leaves
- 1 whole Small Leaf Lettuce (don't Ask)
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Note on the grains: You can use anything! Quinoa, other rices, farro, even lentils! I’ve tried it all. Same with the veggies – use any fresh raw stuff you love!
- First, cook the grains according to package directions in small pots. You can do this way ahead of time!
- While the grains are cooking, make the dressing and prep the veggies. Combine all dressing ingredients in a small food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Taste, and add a drizzle of olive oil to thin it out a bit (if necessary) or a bit more salt.
- Thinly slice the scallions, lettuce, and endive. Chop the bell pepper and halve the tomatoes.
- When the grains/rice are done cooking, fluff with a fork and let cool for a few minutes.
- To serve, place a small spoonful of each of the grains into a large bowl. Add any veggies you’d like, and some cheese, cilantro, and almonds. Drizzle with a spoonful of dressing. Toss gently and serve with coarse sea salt, extra feta, and extra dressing.