- 2 cups fresh cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- meat of your choice, for serving
- In a small pan over medium heat, add the cherries with a spritz of cooking spray. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and sugar. Let bubble and reduce for 5 minutes. Add the stock, and let simmer for 10 minutes more, reducing the heat as needed to achieve bubbles but not a rolling boil.
- Right before serving, add the pepper and swirl in the butter. The cherries should be cooked but not falling apart.
- Serve over the protein of your choice, topped with the scallions. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 4