Ohhhhhhhh long weekend, I am so excited for you.
We are in a weird busy all the time but standing still because it's kind of still a pandemic place. This time last year there was a decided air of "but are we allowed to do anything," and now it's a little....lighter.
In preparation for whatever you might be doing this weekend, hopefully with a few more folks than last year, here are my absolute favorite recipes for Memorial Day!
The pools open this weekend (best time of the year), grilling season is in full swing, and having people over for grilling/playtime/parties is finally a somewhat regular option.
Whether you're doing something big or small, or nothing at all, summer is HERE and we better start cooking like it. Easy, fresh, green-herb and watermelon heavy in all the things, allllll the yummy flavors of summer.
Here are my best Memorial Day Potluck Ideas!!
- A HUGE Hummus Charcuterie Board honestly may be all you need.
- Ranch dip. Take some raw veggies and chips, it'll be GONE. Promise.
- Creamy pasta salad. Or the amped up version, macaroni salad with imitation crab!
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad is heavenly.
- Kale salad. A healthy option won't kill anyone.
- Chimichurri and some veggies + protein to throw on the grill.
- Deviled eggs.
- Marinated mushrooms. The lightest little tangy bite to offset some heavier dishes.
- Sugar snap pea salad.
- Yogurt pesto dip with burrata. Nothing more summery than pesto!
- Raw corn and tomato salad.
- The best ever fudge brownies. They belong at every cookout all summer!
- Strawberry Pie (without Jello) - local strawberries, please, if you can get them!
Tell me, tell me. What else are you thinking about making lots for this summer season?
I want it all.