Ohhhhhhhh long weekend, I am so excited for you.
We are in a weird busy all the time no time to breathe place. This time last year there was a decided air of "but are we allowed to do anything," and now it's a little....lighter.
Lighter for us, though, means HERE ARE 15 SCHOOL THINGS YOU NEED TO ATTEND IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WORKDAY. Which is very cute and fun and also very time consuming. #childrenareablessing
In preparation for whatever you might be doing this weekend, hopefully with lots of relaxation and folks you love, here are my absolute favorite recipes for Memorial Day!
Whether you're doing something big or small, or nothing at all, summer is HERE and we better start cooking like it. Easy, fresh, green-herb and watermelon heavy in all the things, allllll the yummy flavors of summer.
Here are my best Memorial Day Potluck Ideas!!
- A HUGE Hummus Charcuterie Board honestly may be all you need.
- Pimento cheese for dipping is always a fan favorite, and leftovers make great sandwiches!
- Ranch dip. Take some raw veggies and chips, it'll be GONE. Promise.
- If it rains, some homemade potato chips for that ranch are fun, delicious, and foolproof.
- Creamy pasta salad. Or the amped up version, macaroni salad with imitation crab!
- Vegan pasta salad with roasted veggies is seriously yummy.
- Vegan potato salad tastes just like salt and vinegar chips!
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad is heavenly. Gimme that bacon.
- Kale salad. A dark leafy greens option won't kill anyone.
- Chimichurri and some veggies + protein to throw on the grill is one of my favorite summer meals.
- Marinated grilled chicken with 3 ingredients, yep.
- Spicy grilled shrimp is delicious too!
- Deviled eggs. Classic, creamy, cool, delightful.
- Marinated mushrooms. The lightest little tangy bite to offset some heavier dishes.
- Sugar snap pea salad.
- Warm, buttery lobster rolls because WHY NOT, you know?
- Yogurt pesto dip with burrata. Nothing more summery than pesto!
- Raw corn and tomato salad.
- The best ever fudge brownies. They belong at every cookout all summer!
- Strawberry Pie (without Jello) - local strawberries, please, if you can get them!
- Strawberry Pie with Cream Cheese - because two pies are better than one.
Tell me, tell me. What else are you thinking about making lots for this summer season?
I want it all.