- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 ounces sharp white cheddar, cubed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn or whole if small
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt, then roast at 400F for 20-30 minutes until slightly browned at the edges. While the tomatoes are cooking, cook the quinoa in water per package directions. Let the tomatoes and quinoa cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- For the dressing, add the garlic and just a drizzle of the olive oil to a small skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Add the balsamic and honey and bring to a boil. Boil the balsamic mixture for 2 minutes until just slightly reduced. Turn the heat off and whisk in the remaining olive oil. Taste the dressing, and add a pinch of salt if you'd like.
- When the components are prepared, combine the cooked quinoa, roasted tomatoes, cheese cubes, blueberries, and basil in a bowl. Drizzle with just a bit of the balsamic dressing. Taste, and add salt to the dish if you'd like.
- Garnish with extra basil leaves and serve with the remaining balsamic dressing for drizzling.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Serving Size: 4