Chips layered with shredded chicken, veggies, and green enchilada sauce are baked with tons of cheese for the most perfect dinner. Chips for dinner!
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (take out the seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces (1 can) green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 large handfuls tortilla chips
- 4 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, grated
- pickled jalapenos and diced tomatoes for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375F and a 10-inch ovenproof skillet to medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- When the skillet is hot, add the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and garlic with a sprinkle of salt. Saute the veggies for five minutes, stirring as you go, until the veggies have softened slightly. Add the chicken, chips, and enchilada sauce to the skillet and turn the heat off. Stir to coat everything evenly in sauce.
- Top the skillet with all of the cheese and place in the oven. Bake the chilaquiles for 10-15 minutes until bubbly throughout and slightly crispy at the edges.
- Serve immediately topped with anything you like. I love this alone or with black beans. Enjoy!
Keywords: chilaquiles, how to make chilaquiles, mexican food