Super easy broccoli cheese soup recipe made with a bag of broccoli slaw! Just 30 minutes to the best ever vegetarian soup, thanks to storebought broccoli slaw mix.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more if desired for garnish
- pepper, to taste
- bread, if desired, for dunking and serving
- Preheat a soup pot to medium-high heat. Add the butter, onion, garlic, and broccoli mixture to the pot. Cook stirring, for 10 minutes until the veggies are soft. Sprinkle the flour and the seasoned salt over the veggie mixture. Stir for 1 minute more to coat the vegetables in the flour.
- Slowly pour the vegetable stock and half and half into the pot, stirring as you do so to incorporate the flour. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 5-10 minutes to thicken and soften the veggies. If the soup becomes very thick, add more vegetable stock.
- Right before serving, stir in the cheddar. Taste the soup and add black pepper to taste and more seasoned salt if needed.
- Serve hot with bread and extra cheddar on top. Enjoy!
Gluten Free: To make this gluten free, skip the flour and mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup of cold stock. Add this mixture when you add the stock and half and half to thicken the soup without flour.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
Keywords: Broccoli slaw soup, broccoli slaw soup recipe, broccoli slaw in soup, easy broccoli cheese soup, broccoli cheese soup, quick broccoli cheese soup