- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounces beer, your choice
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (be sure not to buy pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock, plus more if needed
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina cheese
- 3 ounces mascarpone cheese
- salt, to taste
- pumpkin seeds for topping, optional
- Heat a medium soup pot to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the carrot, onion, and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, to soften slightly.
- Add the garlic and stir for one minute. Add the beer and let reduce by half, stirring as you go.
- Add the pumpkin puree and stock. Stir the soup, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Simmer the soup for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, puree the soup until it is very smooth. Return to the pot over medium heat, and stir in all three cheeses. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning; add salt and pepper to your preference. If the soup seems too thick at any point, add more stock to thin it out.
- Serve when the cheeses have melted into the soup. Top with some pumpkin seeds for crunch and cuteness.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes