Puff pastry, cinnamon roll filling, and 15 minutes to a super delicious pastry dessert. TRUST.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed but still cold (about an hour on the counter_
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Flour a large surface (I use a big cutting board for this). Prepare a mini-muffin tin with baking spray.
- Unroll the puff pastry and remove any wrapping or parchment paper. Flatten the pastry, keeping it in one even rectangle.
- Use a pastry brush (or the back of a spoon) to drizzle and spread the melted butter all over the puff pastry sheet, leaving a small edge so that none runs out of the cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon evenly over the butter.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry into a tight log, tucking in any stray edges as you go.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the puff pastry cinnamon roll log into 1-inch pieces; about 16 total depending on the brand of puff pastry you use. Place one cinnamon roll in each of the mini-muffin spaces.
- Bake the cinnamon bites at 400F for 12-15 minutes until light golden and puffy. Remove to a rack for cooling, and devour. YUM.
I love salted butter for this and almost all baked goods because it gives a tiny flavor boost to whatever you’re making. Use any butter or sugar that you have, though, and call it good!
No mini-muffin tin? No problem! These can be baked in a round pie plate or cake pan similar to regular cinnamon rolls. Arrange the pastry wheels close together starting from the center of the dish you’re using. Alternatively, these can be made in a regular muffin tin by squeezing 3 or 4 cinnamon rolls into one muffin section. Adjust the baking time by keeping an eye out and removing the cinnamon rolls from the oven when they’re golden brown so the sugar doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
Keywords: Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls, puff pastry cinnamon rolls recipe, mini cinnamon rolls