THIRTY WEEKS IS MORE THAN 75% DONE IF I DON'T GO TO 40 WEEKS WHICH I DIDN'T LAST TIME SO I'M STARTING A COUNTDOWN TO THE END OF MY LIFE AT 37 WEEKS WHICH IS FULL TERM AND I CAN'T HELP MYSELF I'M SO EXCITED.
It's the bladder. I'm just wildly uncomfortable this time around and not tryna stay pregnant for 42 weeks, sorry little person inside me. But! There are a few things that definitely are making me slightly more comfortable for this longer-the-second-time journey.
- First and foremost and with so much importance, my Snoogle! This is made by the same brand as the baby pod that we love so much (Beck still plays with hers and sits on it to read books, I've tried telling her that it's going to a new baby soon but...might not be happening for her brother), and is super comfortable. I borrowed the mini version for my first pregnancy from a friend, and gave it back so she could have another baby. This time I found the full-size version 40% off at Motherhood Maternity, so I bit the bullet and have been so grateful to have it. I also bought the gray jersey cover to have two covers for when I wash one. Sleep was harder earlier for me this time, and having this to kind of make a moat for myself has been really helpful. I also use between one and four additional pillows depending on the night. You can imagine that my sex life is wild at the moment.
- I've read that stretch mark creams are a thousand percent bogus, so I don't have any of those. I also don't have a ton of stretch marks, which the midwives I use say is a skin/genetics thing. BUT, my skin is definitely more dry when pregnant, and about a month ago I splurged and bought some of the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream. I was feeling particularly down about myself and had a sample, and it just smelled so good. The texture and thickness are wonderful and, while this doesn't do anything physical related to pregnancy, I really like it and it's a fun treat for extra-dry skin. Also: they sell it at Sephora and the VIB sale starts this weekend, so grab some on sale if you're feeling up for overpriced lotion. Or a free sample in the store! I put it on before bed a night or two per week and it makes the sheets smell fab, added bonus. Also 2: this will be on my Christmas list, cough.
- I think I mention this just about every time I talk about things that I like, but I have a Camelbak water bottle with me at.all.times. I have two and only use them for water because the spouts tend to get kind of moldy otherwise, but I'm thirsty all the time and these don't leak or spill, so they're perfect to carry around. I will say, I don't have the double-walled kind because they're so much smaller, so these do sweat if I use ice, but I prefer room temp water 80% of the time so it's no big deal to me. The bottles I have carry the equivalent of a bottle of wine and I drink no exaggeration about 5 per day and am still constantly thirsty.
- For clothes, I'm lucky to have a massive collection of things from being pregnant with Beck and THREE other friends' pregnancies, so I haven't bought a ton this time. I did buy this dress on sale from Pea in the Pod which is super comfortable, and I have some jegging-type of pants in black and white which basically is all I wear. I still have a bunch of LOFT stuff from last time, Old Navy maternity workout clothes, and love almost everything I've been handed down from Liz Lange Maternity even though I don't tend to buy clothes at Target very often. For teaching yoga I bought two of these tanks from Gap and attempt to do enough laundry to get by with them. I also am still wearing Lululemon's Align pants which stretch without mushing my belly. I'm almost too big for them, but they've been fine this whole time even though they aren't technically maternity pants.
- Bras and PJs are covered by Third Love - I actually got two bras right before I got pregnant and they still fit great, I think they're super comfortable so I'll wear them until I outgrow them or get nursing bras. I need new ones and would love recommendations for brands you like! I also got a set of these PJs and love them BUT my belly is big enough now that it almost hangs out of the shirt, which isn't super cute but whatever. I made it this far and they're super duper comfortable.
So! There we go. Top five things that I use almost every day to make things a little more enjoyable. Obviously honorable mention goes to The Internet for giving me something to do in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake for zero reason. Fun times. PS, here are some of my favorites from my last pregnancy!
Somewhere between 7-12 weeks to go! I vote 8. I can manage that.
not sponsored, wish it was, i buy this stuff. some of the links are affiliate links so you get the same price and i get a teeny kickback - i'd appreciate if you used them!