An easy, delicious rift on pizza. Top a skillet quesadilla with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large flour tortillas - 8 or 10 - inch
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 10 pepperoni slices
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat and preheat the broiler to high. Add the butter to the skillet and swirl to melt.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet and top with 1 cup of the mozzarella. Top the cheese with the other tortilla.
- Cook the quesadilla for about 3 minutes on each side until golden, then turn off the heat on the stove. Now, build your pizza! Spread sauce over the tortilla and sprinkle with the minced garlic. Add the pepperoni slices and top with the rest of the mozzarella.
- Broil the pizzadilla for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the edges have browned. Slide onto a cutting board and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizzadilla with parmesan, slice into wedges, and serve! YES.
The quantities here work well, but add more or less sauce, cheese, and pepperoni to your preference! Use this as a method instead of a recipe. Add veggies, change up the meat and cheese, etc. Don't skip the garlic clove! It's so, so worth it. I made this in a 12-inch stainless steel skillet. Any large ovenproof skillet works great!
Keywords: pizza, kid food, quesadilla