Old Fashioned Pimento Cheese Recipe with just a few easy ingredients! This is one of our favorite cold appetizers for holiday parties or tailgating!
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (not fresh, the kind in a block), freshly grated
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained on paper towels and finely chopped (or two ounces drained chopped jarred pimentos)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine the seasonings without mushing the cheese too much.
- Taste, and adjust the seasonings or spice level to your preference. If the pimento cheese seems very dry, add a tiny bit more sour cream and mayo, in equal amounts, to achieve a texture you like.
I love love love this on its own with crackers, but it is REALLY yummy with something sweet such as apple slices or green tomato jam. Balance your flavors, man!
Keywords: pimento cheese recipes, recipe for pimento cheese, what is pimento cheese, pimento cheese homemade, homemade pimento cheese, pimento cheese easy recipe