- 20-30 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt
- Prepare glass jars for storing the pickles. Tightly pack as many jalapenos as you can into each of the jars.
- Meanwhile, bring the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to a boil in a large pot. Let boil for 2-3 minutes to dissolve the salt and sugar, then pour the hot liquid into the jars with the peppers. Let sit for 1 hour to cool, then cover the jars with lids and place in the fridge. Eat on everything!
- These keep in the fridge indefinitely, in my experience, but DHEC might want me to say something like 3 months. Your call.
- You may have extra pickling liquid depending on how large or small your peppers are. If you like a less spicy end result, take the seeds and ribs out of the peppers before slicing.
- Prep Time: 30