Delicious salsa with a sweet heat and extra texture from pepitas. Perfect for snacking or with dinner over chicken or fish!
- 1/3 cup pepitas (roasted/salted/shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 jalapeno, cut into chunks (remove seeds for less spicy)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes (14.5 ounces or so)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- cilantro leaves for topping, optional
- Add the pepitas, jalapeno chunks, and garlic to a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop the garlic and pepper, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pulse to create a chunky salsa, then taste. Add more salt, honey, or lime juice to your preference. The salsa should be really flavorful!
- Pulse again until the salsa is the texture you'd like it to be. Top with cilantro and extra pepitas if you'd like, and serve!
Nuts and seeds like pepitas can smell a little funky after awhile; I like to keep them fresh by storing them in the freezer if they aren't going to be used right away.
Keywords: salsa, cinco de mayo, pepita salsa