Thanks, Mama. I blame you for this one.
Even if you hate V-day, just ignore all the hooplah and enjoy all the fun new recipes that might come from it! Cooking for yourself or someone you love is a GREAT way to show appreciation for a human in your life, and this is a super nice little snack to go along with a fun meal (which is coming tomorrow). Easy peasy mini stuffed peppers with potato and parmesan and just YES. I'm in love.
First, we need to cook the potatoes. Cook them any way you like! I roasted these in the oven for 45 minutes at 425F, but you could microwave them until soft, boil them, whatever. When they're cooked, leave the oven at 425F or turn it on if you cooked the potatoes another way.
Add all the ingredients to the food processor - garlic, egg, potatoes, parsley, tomatoes, and parm. Add a sprinkle of salt, too!
Whir the filling together until it's smooth, scraping down the sides of your food processor if needed.
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked, cooled, and peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 baby bell peppers, cut in half, stems and seeds removed
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Place all ingredients except peppers in a food processor, and combine until smooth. Spoon into the pepper halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the peppers for 15 - 20 minutes until the filling is puffy and golden. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Cook the potato anyway you like! Microwave for 15 minutes, boil for 20, or roast at 425F for 45 minutes.
- Would be great as a meal served over salad greens with vinaigrette!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
Shared with Weekend Potluck!