Super yummy one pot chicken parm pasta with just 5 ingredients (fine, six with salt)? Sign. Me. Up.
- Preheat a large Dutch oven to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the chicken in one layer and brown on both sides with a sprinkle of salt. You may need to do this in batches to not crowd the pan. Don't worry if the chicken isn't all the way cooked through, it'll finish cooking with the pasta.
- Preheat the broiler. To the browned chicken, add the pasta, salt, marinara, and 4 cups of water. Stir well to lift any bits from the bottom of the pan, and reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let the pasta simmer for 15 minutes total, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent sticking. The liquid should be bubbling but not boiling very aggressively. Turn the heat down if needed.
- After 15 minutes, taste the pasta for doneness. The dish should be saucy but not soupy. If the pasta isn't done, add 1/2 cup more water, stir, and cover/cook for 2 minutes, repeating as needed until the pasta is cooked through. Add more salt during this time to taste.
- When the pasta is cooked through, turn the heat off the stove. Stir 2/3 of the mozzarella cubes into the pasta.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the rest of the mozzarella to the top of the chicken parmesan pasta. Broil the dish, uncovered, for about 3 minutes until the cheese is just starting to brown. Devour.
I love regular block mozzarella for this recipe. Fresh mozzarella works well too, but can blend in a bit more with the pasta and honestly isn't worth the cost when it's being cooked this much.
This pasta can be a little sticky on the bottom of the pot! I don't have a way around this with the starch in the pasta, but stirring every 5 minutes really well helps. There were a few bits stuck on the bottom of my pot, but they came off with less than 10 minutes of soaking in water.
If you don't have a big pot that can go into the oven you can skip the final broiling step; just stir in all of both cheeses and eat!
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: One pot chicken parmesan pasta, chicken breast recipes with pasta, chicken breast pasta recipes, chicken breast & pasta recipes, chicken & pasta, one pot pasta with chicken, chicken parmesan recipe, healthy chicken parm, easy chicken recipes for dinner with few ingredients, one pot pasta, recipe for one pot pasta