The best ever banana bread made with olive oil! This recipe is totally foolproof and comes together in about an hour.
- 2 large or 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until mostly smooth.
- Add the sugar, oil, and eggs to the banana mixture. Use the fork or a whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl all at once. Gently mix in until just combined. Transfer the banana bread batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 65-70 minutes until very brown and a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the banana bread.
- Let the banana bread cool on a rack in the loaf pan for 15 minutes, then gently turn onto a cooling rack. Slice and serve, die a thousand happy deaths. Enjoy!
Feel free to use any cooking oil you like if you don't enjoy cooking with olive oil. Canola oil or vegetable oil would work well in this recipe.
Adapted from Bon Apetit.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Olive oil banana bread, olive oil in banana bread, Hawaiian banana bread, Hawaiian banana bread recipe, banana bread with 3 bananas, banana bread 2 bananans