Lemony dressing that doubles as a chicken marinade, chewy farro, grilled chicken that is delicious all week for lunches. Your at home lunch situation just got a million times better!
Lemon Vinaigrette and Chicken Marinade
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + a few grinds of pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Farro Grain Bowls
- 2 1/2 pounds thin-cut chicken breasts or chicken tenders
- 3 cups cooked farro or grain of choice, cooled
- 8 cups salad greens
- toppings: 1/4-1/2 cup of any you like: chopped bell peppers, chopped cucumbers, torn fresh herbs, crumbled feta or goat cheese, olives, toasted pine nuts, sliced pickled onion.
- Dressing: Combine all of the ingredients in a glass jar or bowl and shake or whisk to combine. Taste, and add a bit more salt and pepper to your preference.
- Tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 300F. Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and sugar. Roast the tomatoes for 1 hour or until slightly shriveled. Let cool, then assemble into meal prep bowls.
- Chicken: marinate the chicken in half of the dressing for 15-30 minutes. Grill or pan sear for about 4 minutes on each side until just cooked through. Let rest and slice.
- Bowls: Once each ingredient is prepped and cooled, store ingredients separately to build bowls at mealtime OR assemble individual bowls and store in the fridge for quick grab-and-go meal prep lunches. Store the dressing separately and drizzle on the grain bowls right before eating.
Vinegar: I like rice vinegar here for the mild flavor, but red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar work great as well!
Salt: If you have table salt or fine sea salt instead of kosher salt, halve the amount of salt listed, then taste for seasoning and add more to your preference.
Tomatoes: I love to use these stirred into pasta or smeared on bread for snacking. They keep great in the fridge too!
The ingredients listed here are mostly suggestions. Feel free to use any grain you like, add more chopped veggies, omit the olives, add sundried tomatoes or any other ingredients you love. Making these bowls differently each time is part of the fun!
I find that these bowls are the most delicious with the dressing, chicken, farro, tomatoes, greens, and two or three other toppings/add-ins.
Prep the prep: The salad dressing here keeps great in the fridge for a week or more; feel free to double this and keep using it on other salads or drizzled over roasted veggies.
Keywords: Meal prep ideas, meal prep ideas for lunch, meal prep lunch ideas, meal prep chicken, meal prep with chicken, farro how to cook, cooking farro, make ahead lunch, grain bowl meal prep, grain bowl dressing, grain bowl recipe, Meal Prep Chicken Grain Bowls