20 minutes to delicious, tangy marinated mushrooms! Vegan appetizer that everyone loves, yep yep!
- 20 ounces cremini or white button mushrooms, halved or quartered to bite-sized
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a medium pot, bring the water and vinegar to a boil. Boil the mushrooms for 3 minutes, then drain and set aside while you make the marinade.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients to make the marinade. Add the mushrooms, and stir to combine. Taste, and add a few more pinches of salt if you'd like.
- These can be served right away or kept in the fridge for several days. Enjoy!
You can feel free to use white mushrooms, cremini, or even a blend of fancy mushrooms if you have them!
These will keep in the fridge for several weeks, same as a pickle would.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Pickle
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Marinated mushrooms, marinated mushrooms recipe, marinated mushrooms raw, vegan mushroom recipes, vegan appetizer, vegan appetizers, vegan appetizer recipes