- 1 frenched rack of lamb, 6-8 rib bones
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse or kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the parsley, mint, crushed red pepper, garlic, cashews, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, and water in a small blender or food processor. Pulse to combine, and taste: add some salt if you'd like. Add more water if the mixture is very thick - it should be loose enough to stir easily.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon each butter and olive oil. Cut the lamb in between each of the rib bones to make small chops, and sprinkle with the salt.
- Sear the lamb for 3-5 minutes on each side, according to your temperature preference, flipping once. 3 minutes on each side will yield rare lamb.
- While the lamb cooks, add the pesto to a small skillet with the remaining butter, and turn to medium-low. Let the pesto warm gently and stir in the butter.
- When the lamb is cooked, drizzle with the pesto and serve extra on the side for dipping. Eat with your fingers or as part of your favorite meal!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Serving Size: 2