- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- FOR THE SALAD
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked to package directions in salted water and cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cherries
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Taste, and adjust the seasoning to your preference. Add the kale and toss; let the kale marinate for 10 minutes or so while you prep the other ingredients.
- Add the rice, nuts, cherries, and scallions to the dressed kale. Toss, and taste: add more vinegar or salt/pepper if the salad needs it.
- Serve with your favorite meal, or as a meal in itself. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20
- Serving Size: 4