- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small delicata squash, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- olive oil, salt, and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (or less if you don't like a lot of spice)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- For the breadcrumbs, add the butter and breadcrumbs to a skillet over medium-high heat with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir the mixture together until the butter melts and starts to toast the breadcrumbs. When the breadcrumbs are golden brown, turn the heat off the skillet and add the parmesan cheese. The mixture will be powdery. Let the breadcrumbs cool in the skillet or on a small plate while you prepare the pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the delicata slices in one layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until the squash is brown at the edges and soft.
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a skillet, add the butter, red pepper flakes, and anchovy paste over medium heat. When the butter melts stir it into the anchovy paste and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, then add the kale. Toss the kale with the butter mixture for 3 minutes to wilt, then add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss the kale with the pasta, splashing in the reserved pasta water as you go to create a small amount of sauce.
- Taste the pasta and add salt and pepper if you'd like.
- Serve the pasta topped with delicata slices and the breadcrumbs. Devour!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes