Creamy, dreamy vegetarian quiche recipe that comes out perfectly every time and can be modified based on your preferences.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1 cup shredded kale leaves
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained and sliced
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 ounces grated fontina (or mozzarella or provolone, any mild melty white cheese)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Arrange the kale, red peppers, and cheeses in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream with sprinkles of salt and pepper, and pour over the kale mixture.
- Bake the quiche for 50-60 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
This egg mixture will be enough for a medium pie crust, and should come to nearly the top of the crust, leaving 1/4-1/2 inch of exposed crust. If needed, add another egg to the filling, or save any leftovers for scrambled eggs.
Sub the cheese and veggies for any quiche filling you like!
This is perfect as a make-ahead; the cooked quiche can be kept covered in the fridge for a few days or the freezer indefinitely. Just reheat in the oven until warm. Or, prep the veggies/cheese, egg mixture, and crust, store them separately in the fridge and assemble right before baking the quiche.
This is my favorite pie crust if you'd like to make your own!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: pie, quiche, breakfast, brunch, how to make the best quiche ever