- 1 pie crust
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 heirloom tomatoes, sliced to 1/4 inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 balls burrata cheese
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 8 tablespoons ice water (give or take)
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. Sprinkle the tomatoes evenly with salt and pepper and let sit for 15-30 minutes to remove as much liquid as you can. Blot the tomatoes dry and drain the burrata balls on paper towels.
- Roll the pie crust thinly into the shape of a large rough circle about 14 inches in diameter. Transfer the pie crust to the baking sheet.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly on the pie crust. Layer half of the tomatoes in a large circle on the pie crust, leaving about 3 inches of crust at the edges. Sprinkle with half of the garlic. Repeat with the remaining tomatoes, heaping them into the center of the dough. Top with the remaining garlic, the parmesan cheese, and the burrata balls, breaking them up lightly in the center of the tomatoes.
- Form the galette by pulling the edges of the pie crust up and a round the tomatoes to form a crust, pinching the dough together as you go. Spray the crust with cooking spray to help it brown in the oven.
- Bake the galette for 45-55 minutes until the crust is browned and crispy and the cheese is bubbly. Let rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cut the butter into cubes and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. While the butter is chilling, pulse the flour, sugar, and salt in the food processor to combine.
- Add the cold butter cubes and pulse about 10 times to break up the butter just a bit. Stream in the water and blend into the flour mixture until a dough just barely starts to come together - it will still be crumbly.
- Dump the dough onto a cutting board sprinkled with a bit of flour. Split the dough into 2 mounds and form each into a flat disk about 1-inch thick. Wrap the disks in plastic wrap or a plastic bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Make any pie you like! Enjoy.