Super easy green tomato jam to celebrate the end of summer! This version uses onions and sugar for a delicious sweet + savory combo.
- 3 large green tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoons celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cut the onion and tomatoes into large chunks and place them in a food processor. Puree to finely chop, leaving only a few large pieces.
- To a skillet, add the tomato puree to the rest of the ingredients. Turn the heat to medium and let the mixture come to a simmer, stirring every few minutes.
- Adjust the heat on the stove up or down so the mixture bubbles but isn't completely boiling. Stir every 10 minutes or so, and let the jam cook for 90 minutes to 2 hours, until the mixture is reduced with almost no liquid left in the pan and the tomatoes are dark golden in color.
- Let the jam cool slightly before transferring it to a container. Serve with bread, crackers, cheese, or any way you'd like. Enjoy!
I love this green tomato jam with pimento cheese on crackers, or with brie on toast!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
Keywords: green tomato jam, easy green tomato jam, tomato onion jam