Delicious bites of chicken thigh broiled to perfection in a crazy good honey lemon Greek chicken marinade? Sold.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken pieces and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to high and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (for easy clean up!).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken pieces to the baking sheet in a single layer and lightly sprinkle again with salt. Discard the marinade carefully.
- Broil the chicken for 5-7 minutes until slightly darkened at the edges and cooked through.
- Serve over rice or with pita wedges and tzatziki. Enjoy!
Fresh Oregano: If preferred, you can use one sprig fresh oregano, chopped, in place of the dried oregano in the marinade. I prefer to use dried oregano in the marinade and some fresh leaves for garnish, but that's just me.
Vinegar: White vinegar, rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar would all be delicious if you don't have red wine vinegar. I'd avoid balsamic as it would change the dish significantly, but Balsamic Chicken Bites doesn't sound terrible so maybe try it and report back?
Serving: This chicken is delicious over rice with any veggies you like. You could also serve it with tzatziki, hummus, and grape leaves with pita as part of a larger build-your-own-Greek-heaven situation, which would be very fun.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 7
- Category: Main
- Method: Broil
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: Chicken bites, chicken bites recipe, baked chicken bites, broiled chicken, Greek chicken thighs, Greek chicken marinade