- 4 bone in, skin on chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, for serving, optional
- cooked white rice, for serving, optional
- Grate the garlic and ginger directly into a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, and sesame oil. Whisk together, then add the chicken to the sauce. Let marinate for as long as you have - 2 - 4 hours is ideal.
- When ready to cook, transfer the chicken, skin side up, and all the juices from the marinade to a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake uncovered for 30 - 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with scallions, extra juices from the pan, and rice, or as desired.
- Check the chicken as it's baking after 20 minutes. If the chicken skin is browned but the chicken isn't yet cooked through, cover loosely with tin foil until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serving Size: 4