- When Beck was born I was all I'M GOING TO SEND CHRISTMAS CARDS and then I took that picture I showed you yesterday and just loved it, and then I realized that I HATE the idea of all that paper even though I LOVE the Christmas cards I get every year from friends with cute kids, and then while I was thinking about that it became Christmas so....no cards. I'm over it.
- What do you do on Christmas? We spend Eve at my parents' house, then have presents/breakfast/lunch there. Then tonight we'll go to Jay's dad's house for more of the same, then tomorrow night we'll celebrate with his mom. Then Sunday we sleep.
- Speaking of, I have this thing with Beck where I'm SO SAD EVERY DAY at how fast she's growing and also so stinking excited for her future. Like....go ahead and get famous and rich so I can stop working, right? Not really. But in 2.5 weeks the pictures are already so different and she's so much more animated and I just can't deal, but I'm so ready for two years or so from now when she kind of gets Christmas and presents and can really engage with stuff this time of year.
- I was thinking this morning about how people always told me to not get excited, I could totally still be pregnant on Christmas, they were right, I could. My due date was only 10 days ago. But I'm not still pregnant, and I think Jay and I are both already at a point where we're all "what would life be like without her? what was life without her?" More well-rested, that's for sure.
- One thing I'm lamenting this year is that I haven't listened to as much Christmas music as I'd like to. This is probably really OK with Jay who claims to hate Christmas music, but I'm thinking that I can probably stretch this into January, right? Because we listen to Christmas music all through November, why can't I do that for a month after Christmas? I could.
Leave a Reply