- Guys. So many of our friends are pregnant right now, and my best friend is 39 weeks and 1 day today, just like I was when I had Beck. And Mother's Day is Sunday, so I'm all LET'S GO KID. Because Beck is so young, it's so fresh in my and Jay's mind, that transition from pregnancy to omgrestofyourlifewithnewperson, and we have had a great time reminiscing about Beck's birth and all the drama that goes with that but then goes away SO quickly. It's just the best ever.
- People keep asking me if I like motherhood. I...don't know? I feel like 90% of the time I'm trying to get Beck to sleep (hard) or to eat (easy), reading about how not to kill her in a car, while she sleeps, or once she starts crawling, and the other 10% of the time I just grin at her. Does that sound accurate? Maybe I'm still turning into a mother, I don't know.
- Every time I talk about my mom I post this picture of me and her at our wedding, and it makes me laugh. We were discussing how we didn't give a crud that my underage cousins were drinking, except ONE underage cousin did give a crap and decided to tattle to the staff, and they then asked us if we wanted them to police the operation, and we just rolled our eyes. CHILDREN. They were all in college, for anyone concerned that 12 year olds were drinking.
- My mom. She deserves a post a week just on how incredible she is, but one thing that I admire about her most is her consistency in being wonderful. Because I'm so new at this I'm all don't you get tired of being nice to us? and I'm sure she does, but it never shows. Anything we need, above and beyond, she does for all 4 of us unfailingly. She watches Beck a few days a week so I can keep working and we can save money on daycare, while keeping a job herself AND being a guardian ad litem for other children who need her in our community. She drinks wine with us and laughs and listens to our boring stories (I am forever telling her how hard it is to be me, and it's really not that hard) and offers advice without being pushy and is sad when we are sad and somehow her baseboards are always really clean too. If I spend the rest of my life just trying to raise Beck like she raised us I might have a shot at not messing her up too much. Can someone make me a WWMD bracelet?
- We are celebrating Mother's day the whole weekend, with just our little family some, with our extended families some, with yard work some, and I'm super duper excited. I'm making quiche! I'm cleaning the house! I'm buying presents! Maybe if I get lucky and wish hard enough I'll get to visit a baby in the hospital! It's going to be the most epic Mother's Day weekend ever, I'm pretty convinced of it.
Leave a Reply