this week we have been (finally, long overdue) really intentional about talking about race in our family, reading, listening, learning, and making some plans to become more actively anti-racist. here are some of our favorite things and voices. this is my no means a complete list or a perfect list, and I would love for you to leave any things that you have been loving.
- This short video on white priviledge and systemic inequality.
- Books: Freedom Soup, Race Cars, So You Want To Talk About Race, White Fragility, Raising White Kids (and a gazillion more).
- More books for kids, the @theconsciouskid Insta is wonderful, but I really encourage you to support their Patreon because no one should do this type of important, hard, thorough work for free.
- On Instagram, @blackfoodbloggers and literally every single one of the bloggers this account highlights, and @moemotivate is an amazing educator.
- I'm also mindful that money talks, period. Donating to the ACLU, local NAACP chapters, and local or national bail funds is crucial right now, as is supporting locally black-owned businesses (and doing the work to find them if you need to!).
have a great, thoughtful, forward-moving weekend. i'd love to hear your suggestions for local or national support, things that have been helpful to you so far, and better ways to uplift and fight with our BIPOC neighbors.