- We bought a watermelon for this weekend a few days ago (first of the summer!) and alllll week Will has been begging to eat it. Probably 10 unique requests per day or more, no joke. So this morning before he woke up I cut just enough to have for breakfast, as a surprise. When I went in to get him he LITERALLY said "good morning, can we cut the watermelon?" and so for that 10 seconds I got to be the Best Mom Ever. And then I made him brush his teeth and it was over.
- I'm trying to analyze some neighbors without straight up asking too many questions. But, like, if someone goes on and on about racial and socioeconomic inequality in our (American) food system they....have to be liberal, right?
- There was a snake in the garage this morning. A dead snake. A black snake, to be fair, which are ALLEGEDLY good for the environment, but I don't care. How did it get in there (the door)? Why did it choose our home for its final moments (it didn't, no brain capacity)? Did it lay eggs before it died? Was this a maternal trauma? Anyway, we're selling the house.
- I have a thought in my mind that maybe the dough from no-knead dutch oven bread could be used in other applications. Baguettes? Rolls? I've made focaccia using this method with it, and that works beautifully. Going to mess around with it to see what happens.
- Happy long weekend, if you're in the States! We FINALLY have one of those super fun weekends with friend time, family time, NO KID TIME, and I'm super excited. Of course, now I can't pick weeds because the yard is probably infested with snakes, but other than that....it'll be great. I'm making vegan potato salad from NINE YEARS AGO, and blondies and it's going to be a very yummy time. Have a great one!
Previous Post: « 13 Recipes For Memorial Day