- Two years ago I made these Shrimp Caesars and CAN I JUST SAY, they're a really nice lunch and a very delicious make-ahead meal prep lunch situation. The Lemon Caesar dressing is bright and puckery in all the best ways.
- In a stunning twist, Will, who has subsisted on peanut butter and honey sandwiches (no crust), strawberries (not the mushy ones), and marshmallows for several months, has decided that steamed broccoli is a completely acceptable food to eat, as long as it is covered in lemon juice and salt. He has started asking to go to the grocery store regularly so "we can be sure to get more wemon juice." Jay and I don't exactly know what to think, but we don't talk about it so as not to ruin it.
- My birthday is this weekend, and this morning to celebrate I went to yoga at 5:45am for the first time in a YEAR. Everyone has a story like this, but I went from teaching 10x weekly before kids, to a more realistic schedule, to an entire year away from studios. My clothes smell like lavender and Lysol and I'm very much OK with that. It was also very strange to be around humans.
- In most-used cheap baking items, cookie scoops are my new "how did I go without this for so long" favorite item. I use them for making cookies really quickly, no more rolling or dirty spoons or sticky everything. Probably the better question is why I was such a mess at making cookies before, but I like these a lot.
- What's your weekend plan? It's going to get colder here again (ok, 50s, but I like 70s for my birthday), and I'm taking some ALONE TIME ideally with only reading and TV as my companions. If you have any favorite new shows I'd love to know. We're working our way through Shameless and it's omgsogoodloveitsomuch. Have a great one!
That looks amazing, and happy birthday!