- Died my hair pink last weekend, so there's that. HIGHLY recommend moving away from the "but what will people think" train and simply doing things that you want to do that don't hurt anyone else. Feels good.
- I got mansplained so hard this week over a MEME that I shared from another page. It literally ended with the person comparing a "I'm not ready for a male president" joke to a racist one, saying that he (straight, white, of course) felt marginalized by it and suggesting that I figure out ways to communicate better. I vacillated between outrage and laughter at the ridiculousness of it, dude was literally writing paragraphs about how he was not, in fact, mansplaining.
- OK LISTEN. I know we aren't supposed to be snooty about grammar because it's elitist and privileged and no one likes that person. It's true. But people who take the time to type out "these ones" in published works, even blogs, drive me bonkers.
- Mental Health benefits of clearing things out. Emails, clutter, tasks, etc. I love love love this, struggle with it, and feel the benefits IMMEDIATELY when I get through a few random little things I've been putting off or not getting to.
- How are your weekends shaping up in this election-anxiety, third-wave pandemic life? We're seeing some close folks outside this weekend, which means I'm making bread twice because why not. Other than that, I'm going to start working on a Thanksgiving menu for whatever we end up doing. Because, no matter the crowd size, cooking is fun. To me. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply