- Last weekend when I was away I tasked Jay with making Valentines, aka, "I bought candy please go buy valentines," and he was like NO I'LL MAKE THEM, and he did, and here they are. Dad overachievers are real, y'all. And also there was some talk of "Beck messing up my work," which...well, we've all been there with kids just having no finesse when it comes to crafts.
- Are you cooking at home tonight or this weekend? I have some fun ideas for Valentine's Day Pasta if so!
- Speaking of pasta, why yes, I did make a lovely spaghetti squash with vegan marinara bake last night. And, yes, after careful consideration of stress-to-day ratios I cut up cheese sticks and studded the entire dish with a child's snack before baking it, yes I did. It was the right choice in the moment, and one that I'm very proud of. Colby Jack goes beautifully in almost anything.
- How are we feeling about the Dem primaries? Is Amy coming to save us all? To middle us all? To mom-shame us all? I don't hate it, but I don't hate any of the frontrunners tbh.
- We're on WEEK FOUR of travel, starting today! To make things exciting, though, I'm heading to Tampa, Jay and the kids are ALSO going out of town, the dogs are going somewhere ELSE, so 4 people, 2 dogs, 2 cars, 2 planes, 3 locations...we did some packing last night. Tonight I'll be downtown Tampa in chain-restaurant-hell drinking cheap cab and eating sad salmon or similar watching some sad V-day dates go down. Honestly I can't wait. If there's anything fabulous that warrants effort to do in Tampa let me know, I've never been. Have a great one!
Leave a Reply