- Prepping anything neat this weekend? Peanut sauce is our every-two-week definite, and we're out at the moment, so I'll probably chop a bunch of veggies, make the sauce, then use it raw in slaw/salad for lunches and cooked for a dinner or two with dinner or shrimp. I also used it recently as a base for curry mixed with red curry paste and coconut milk, and THAT was not gross. Can't recommend the base sauce recipe enough!
- Speaking of this.exact.recipe, this is the blender I use for stuff like this. It's the first blender I've ever bought, I've had it for four and a half years, got it with a sale + coupon + gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond, and LOVE it. Can't say enough good things, and we've given it a workout.
- Ten Things to Make For the Super Bowl! For your planning purposes, your bowl games, and your national championships.
- It's So Much More Than Cooking: This is a suuuuper accurate description of just the mental load of handling the food for a family, much less the rest of the Cis Female Mental Load of Doom. Worth reading, definitely.
- THIS WEEKEND is the first of four travel weekends in a row for me. If you know of anywhere good to eat in Tampa, Athens, Durham, or Knoxville I'd love to know about it! Also, fun dad thoughts for Jay during these weekends. It's tough managing it all on your own! Cheers to supportive spouses, fun travel jobs, and boxed mac and cheese three times a week for the next month. For all four of us.
We made the chopped salad and peanut sauce today - it’s so yummy! I’m glad we made extra for lunches. And my husband is brainstorming things to make just for an excuse to use the extra peanut sauce.
I'm so happy to hear that! We have used it on spring rolls (bought or homemade) for a dip OR we sometimes saute it with tofu - it gets a totally different flavor profile once cooked, equally delicious!