- Will is in this great phase where he knows WHEN to say "no no" and "uh oh," but not WHAT they mean. So, as he aggressively scoots toward the fireplace, he's grunting 'no no no no' over and over again. As he feeds the dog a graham cracker he says 'uh oh!' and it's all so cheerful and innocent that I love it. He is OBSESSED with eating the rocks in the fireplace.
- Beck, meanwhile, has started "making deals," and I swear if this isn't the most Trumpian dictatorship I'm living in right now. Things like "Mama, I'm going to make you a deal, I want some goldfish," and I say no, give another option, stay calm, and she screams THAT'S NOT MY DEAL while I stare at her.
- We did get Disney+, though, so that's....helped. Four is equal parts my favorite and least favorite age so far.
- Ok is it just me or sometimes when you see a really crispy sheet pan meal are you like...how will that ever get clean? Parchment paper is my boyfriend and yes I am aware it is not good for the environment. But I also can't ruin a pan every time I want to roast honey crusted chicken or some shit.
- I have some friends coming into town this weekend, and YES fine they are from my college a cappella group, Andy-From-The-Office style except for we legit did it first. They are my soul-healing, longtime friends that I don't see or talk to nearly enough, but when we do get together every other year or so it is just the best time and I'm so, so grateful that they're still in my life. I am making pancakes, Mexican beef, red rice, and breakfast cookies are already in the freezer. Have the best weekend!
Leave a Reply