- Best thing about our new neighborhood so far? Trails. Walking trails that go all around the neighborhood for quieter, safer nature walks. We've walked 30-60 minutes most days since we moved, and I just cannot overstate the mental health and 4-year old behavioral benefits of this. Trails or no trails, start walking!
- I READ A BOOK OVER CHRISTMAS BREAK. In spurts. And it was a short easy read. But I loved it. Emily Giffin's Where We Belong has my vote 100% if you need a feeley family motherhood parenthood adulthood story.
- I got a new Staub soup pot in a perfect size that I've been really wanting for Christmas and...it came broken. BUT WHILE A NEW ONE IS COMING I'm gathering up new soup recipes to try, and would love to know some of your favorites! We need some uber-flavor to get us through the next few months.
- The other night Beck was having a quesadilla for dinner and Jay went to steak a bite, which led to "DADDY, do not eat my quesadilla! You will eat vegetables and hot sauce later after I go to bed!" Which apparently is what adults eat.
- Whatchoo doing for this first weekend of the decade? We have to finish unpacking at some point, and are having guests to stay with us in two weeks that might want some pillow cases or maybe some food so...I'll be meal prepping and TJMaxxing if anyone needs me. It kind of still feels like vacation until school starts back, though, so let's not work too hard.
Leave a Reply