- It feels like THE SEASON for make-ahead Mexican ground beef with no seasoning packet, amirite? I mean, think of it. On top of nachos or for a taco bar for sportsball watching, rolled into burritos and frozen for meal prep, over greens with salsa for taco salad, I COULD GO ON. My point is that you should make a double or triple batch of this this weekend (takes 20 minutes!) and use it for all the things!
- Ok bear with me here. You know the teasing motion people do where you put your thumb on your nose and your hand/fingers are out in front of your face and you wiggle your fingers? Someone told Jay that that is the equivalent to flipping someone off. ....is it? Not that I do it all the time, or ever, but it came up in a conversation and I never knew it to be a bad thing. Help.
- Grandma's Roasted Potatoes - these look delicious and the family nostalgia is so lovely here.
- The other night we got home late, so to save some time I threw some rotisserie chicken and boxed mac and cheese at the kids. They gobbled it up, and then Beck played peek-a-boo with Will on the floor while I ran around the house getting things ready for bed. My point is, I think I'm going to stop cooking or entertaining my kids and solve my "I'm so busy all the time" problem once and for all.
- HAPPY FIRST OFFICIAL WEEKEND OF FALL EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT FALL YET! Our temps are going to be in the mid-90s and our pool is still open, so I'm thinking THAT instead of anything remotely fallish. We're making pasta salad and broccoli salad for a football-watching hangout, and hopefully not much else. Life is so, so busy, and I want to hang out and eat snacks and watch TV. Who's in?
Leave a Reply