- FIRST THINGS FIRST: Current situation, as it has literally never happened before. Me, home alone. Working with zero kids for TWO WHOLE HOURS. Doors open because it's under 70F outside. Internally terrified that I'll get nothing done because honestly there's a drawer that needs to be organized and that will be easier to do without "assistance."
- Because! School started this week. Beck has been asking to go to school all summer, and I can't overstate how thrilled I am that she loves learning. She goes to a wonderful Reggio-inspired (kind of like Montessori) school and really thrives there. This morning when I dropped her off she practically floated inside, helped some classmates find their lockers (unclear if help was needed), and called "bye Mama" over her shoulder as she ran inside to wash her hands, pretty much the best "welcome to school" daily routine ever. There are more pictures of her big first day on Instagram!
- I adore this article on meal prep. It sums up so much of what I feel about the process and how much I enjoy it.
- I bought this cube back when Beck was a baby and she never really cared for it, but we've had it out for Will recently and he's fully obsessed. Since he could sit up on his own he's loved hearing the songs and flipping the cube over to see what new things he can fiddle with. Highly recommend!
- Happy Labor Day Weekend! The main reason I'm working from home this morning is that we are photographing our ENTIRE Thanksgiving spread on Sunday, so I'm planning/making lists today, then tomorrow we'll decorate the table and prep, and Sunday make and photograph the whole thing! Then Monday I'm insisting on making burgers or something summery. This will all probably get derailed by a stomach bug or a million house showings because people loooooove looking at houses they have no intention of ever buying. Ha. Have a beautiful weekend!
Leave a Reply