- For the last few weeks we've had tomatoes at least once per day, usually just sliced up with our dinner or on top of greens. I've been sprinkling them with a little pinch of salt and sugar about 30 minutes before we eat and just letting them sit, and DEFINITELY you will want to start doing this with your tomatoes all the time. Promise.
- Continuing our Lion King obsession, I overheard Beck singing SUPER loud to Will the other day, "Oh I just can't WAIT to be meeeeeee!"
- I've seen lots of Mexican recipes (like these Chimichangas!) recently using orange juice as a marinade or sauce ingredient, and savory meat with orange-tinged sauce just sounds SO good. I'm thinking a new pork dish should include orange juice.
- Did you watch the debates? We did, among working and chores and eating dinners at 9pm almost all week - it's been a doozie. BUT. I think this week's format was super tough with the time frame; I just don't see how big thoughts can be articulated in such a short time span. I'm looking forward to the September rounds with fewer candidates, and literally my most-searched thing that starts with "who" is "who has dropped out of the democratic race so far." I need quality vs quantity, and I need it now.
- In just a few short hours Will and I are driving to the beach to have a girls' (he doesn't yet identify as anything so he can be a girl) weekend for on of my bestie's 40th birthdays, and I can't WAIT. We are all leaving bigger kids behind so we'll have three babies between four adults, which is going to be luxurious, and there will be cheeses and prosecco and linguine with clams, and hopefully not much else. The overscheduled-American bit is wearing me OUT. Have a great one! There will be definitely cute baby Insta-stories unless I chuck my phone in the ocean. Could go either way.
Ooh! My favorite pork marinade is orange juice, soy sauce, sriracha, and lots of garlic!
Oh YUM. Orange + soy sounds wonderful!