- We are going on vacation Sunday, and are in the thick of "forced misery due to working twice as much and packing and laundry and meal prep" and I really really want to be in the car on our way there. This week has been very punishing in a variety of ways. BUT! Meal prep is actually a part of vacation that I adore, and this week I've made pesto and jalapeno ranch (in the picture!) as well as tons of purees to keep in the freezer for Will next week. I'm also going to make my favorite shredded beef and tartar sauce for a fish dinner before we go, so that each of the meals I'm responsible for has a component or two DONE.
- I hate house buying and hunting and the way the system is completely set up to 1. encourage dishonesty and 2. benefit banks and realtors while 3. hurting homeowners, both selling and buying. I know the system is in place for a reason to "protect" us, but there's a lot that...doesn't.
- Re: the Jalapeno Ranch (like from Chuy's!) for the beach, let me tell you: I do not intend on "eating it with veggies because it's totally the same!"
- We got Beck's roster for school next year, and I was VERY excited to see what class she will be in and who the other kids/parents are. It's a good class with a very cool logo and also there is one smelly kid in the class.
- Have the best weekend! After we pack and laundry and cook we are spending some time with some out of town friends and their kids, which is going to be wonderful and crazy all at once, exactly how we like it.
Leave a Reply