- This morning while I was getting ready Beck sat in the bed with Will and talked to him like a little adult. Kept directing his attention to the light and the fan and it was SO cute. This came immediately after she screamed at me that WE ARE HAVING PANCAKES TODAY and so that was neat. We had oatmeal.
- I heard something super interesting in a couples counseling tidbit yesterday. It was about sex, and the idea was that in the early part of a relationship, desire comes first, then arousal, then The Sexy Time. Easy! BUT THEN, as we age or get comfortable or have kids or a combination of those, we need to switch the first two to have something of a functional sex life. If we get over waiting for straight desire and start with arousal (any kind of hugging/kissing/touching), then desire + The Sexy Time may follow. This DEFINITELY isn't implying to force anything or anything like that, but sometimes waiting around for desire with no stimuli may not work after a certain period in a relationship. Food for thought!
- One of our neighbors got evicted this week and it was super strange and sad. They were breaking all kinds of rules in their rental, so fair enough, but seeing someone pack up their life so quickly was just strange.
- OMG Butternut Bahn Mi Pizza. I love the idea of using random ingredients to make something really different and delicious - so much better than microwaving leftovers but with the same no-waste effect. I'm into it.
- Happy Weekend to you! We have Beck's first dance recital tomorrow, which she basically does not understand at all. There are absolutely sequins, yep, and the entire show featuring maybe ten classes is expected to last 35 minutes. Then we're going to eat pizza. 🙂 Have a great one!
Leave a Reply