- How was your Halloween? Jay painstakingly put stickers on Beck's dress (she was Belle) and she was all into it and then insisted on eating dinner in her costume, got covered in strawberries, and took all the stickers off because they were "too sticky." Then we went to four houses where she asked for multiple pieces of candy and then said she was "ready to head on home." I loved every minute of it. Jay was a little disappointed in the sticker misunderstanding.
- People are mean on the internet. I got a weirdly mean comment on an old recipe that "didn't work," (the person didn't know how to cook, it was pretty clear, but that's ok), and my Facebook feed is filled with people who literally seem to wake up, remember the Fight Against White Men, and post random non-news memes that make them appear supremely racist and bigoted while denouncing the very marginalized groups they say aren't marginalized. It's gross, and makes me sad. It makes me sad because I'm paying attention. People who say to "let things roll off your back easier" aren't paying attention, so they don't feel things as strongly. Glennon Doyle said that (I paraphrased), and I couldn't agree more. Also, maybe it's because I live in the South, but the absolute most apologetically hateful people I know are "Christians."
- I had to enter a bunch of emails into a database for work the other day and here's what I learned: apparently mrs.fancynewlastna[email protected] is a thing? "Here, take my identity." Sheesh.
- A mushroom pesto sandwich. WHAT. This version is vegan and looks incredible, but I'm thinking an open-faced melt on baguette would be lovely for a wintertime party too. Let's have a wintertime party!
- Still pregnant. Will probably overshare about birth of baby on Instagram first. We've narrowed it down to four names! We probably won't choose one until he's born, which could be anytime between now and THANKSGIVING. Eff that. Have a great weekend!
i love reading your blog posts.... today made me laugh!! "eff that" ahahahaha!! i'm hoping your babe wants to arrive tomorrow. the 2nd half of pregnancy stinks.
Tomorrow would be GREAT. Anything that isn't a million days away! Maybe you have magic wishing powers and it'll work. 🙂