Deb owns the cafe in the back of our yoga studio, and makes ridiculously delicious and healthy foods all the live-long day. She's incredibly talented, and people adore her food. Last summer she started making something she calls Watermelon Tonic, which is pureed watermelon with lime juice and fresh mint. It is one of my obsessions this summer, especially being pregnant and thirsty all the damn time. The ingredients are so simple, but the mint and the lime juice just do something to the flavor of the watermelon that is out of this world.
So, being the health nut that I am, I figured why not make it into a salad and add some cheese?
So that's what I did.
Just layer everything together on a pretty platter - no mess or need to stir or arrange in any kind of special way, just put it all together and ENJOY. I love this as part of a barbecue spread because it's a little fancier than a fruit salad or watermelon wedges but takes zero time at all. I'm telling you, something about the mint and the melon...new favorite combo ever.
Feta + Watermelon and Mint
- 6 cups fresh watermelon cubes I cut mine slightly smaller than 1-inch so they're truly bite sized
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- zest of 1 lime plus lime wedges for serving
- Arrange the watermelon on a platter, and top with the feta, mint, and lime zest. Garnish with more mint and the lime wedges, and serve with your favorite summer meal or as a snack.
- Go. To. Town.