Like the Subway white chocolate macadamia cookies but way better, these homemade cookies are SOGOOD, freeze beautifully (dough or already baked!), and are overall a stunner for Christmas or any time of year you need some cookies. Make these asap!
- 1 cup butter, very soft
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (I like roasted and salted!)
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 3 minutes or so until very light and fluffy.
- While you cream the butter and sugar, gather the rest of your ingredients and whisk together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking powder.
- To the butter/sugar mixture, add the eggs and extracts. Mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time until a very thick dough forms. Don't overmix. Add the chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop the dough into 3 tablespoon cookies using a cookie scoop. Freeze the dough balls (all together on a baking sheet, then transfer to a plastic bag), or chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375F. Arrange the dough balls 2 inches apart on a baking sheet with parchment paper, a silicone baking mat, or cooking spray. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes (for large cookies, decrease the time for smaller cookies) until just golden at the edges but still soft in the center.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Devour.
I love almond extract because it gives a ton of depth of flavor and an extra bakery-feel to these cookies. Leave it out if you don't have any or don't like it, though!
I portion the dough in advance using a medium or large cookie scoop, then chill or freeze the dough balls. The dough is a lot easier to work with if scooped first, and doesn't need as long to chill in the smaller portions.
To bake this cookie dough from frozen, simply preheat the oven, place frozen dough balls on a prepared baking sheet, and bake until golden at the edges and just barely set in the center. You may need to add a minute or two to the baking time listed above.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: macadamia cookies, white chocolate macadamia cookies, white chocolate and macadamia cookies, best white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies, subway white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, macadamia cookies subway, best macadamia nut cookies, subway white chocolate macadamia cookies, white macadamia cookies, cookies that keep well, cookies that will keep for a week, christmas cookies that keep well, make ahead cookie dough, christmas cookies that freeze well