Salmon with lime, honey, and chili make the most delicious sweet + savory seafood dish. Salmon dinner in a flash, yes please!
- 2 salmon filets, about 1/3 pound each, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 lime, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Drizzle olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Place the salmon skin-side down in the cold skillet and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Season the fish with the salt and chili powder, then layer the lime slices evenly over each piece of fish. Pour 1 tablespoon of honey over the center of each piece of fish, and drizzle a bit more olive oil on top.
- Let the pan get hot and start to cook the fish, for about 10 minutes or until the salmon skin is sizzling and you can just see the edges of the bottom of the fish become light pink and opaque.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the limes and cook the top of the fish. Serve immediately with your favorite sides.
This works with skinless salmon, but won't need to cook quite as long. You may also find that the skinless salmon sticks to the bottom of the pan, so a nonstick skillet that can go in the oven would be wonderful to make this dish without skin.
Keywords: Honey Lime Salmon, lime salmon, salmon with lime, chili lime salmon