Super easy broiled salmon with a delicious Korean sauce that can be made in advance. This is the best broiled salmon ever and is done in just half an hour.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger (about 10 grates)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce (sambal oelek or similar)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound salmon filet
- Whisk together all of the ingredients except the salmon in a small pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring as you go.
- As soon as the sauce boils, turn the heat off and allow the sauce to cool slightly.
- Preheat the broiler to HIGH and prepare a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet. Brush or drizzle on about half of the sauce, enough to cover the entire surface of the salmon. Save the rest of the sauce for serving.
- Broil the salmon in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes until the edges are opaque. The salmon should be slightly underdone in the center. Broil an additional 2 minutes for well done salmon.
- Serve with extra sauce for drizzling.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
Keywords: salmon, how to broil salmon, korean salmon recipe