Easy apple bran muffin recipe! These are great for meal prep and make ahead, or are an especially nice gift for friends who have just had a baby.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400° and place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add egg and egg white; beat 1 minute or until well blended. Add the milk, applesauce, and vanilla extract; beat on low speed until well blended.
- Make a well in the center of the milk mixture and add the flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir just until the batter is mixed, then folk in the apples.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with extra sugar, if desired. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 18
Keywords: Bran muffins with applesauce, bran muffins, bran muffins recipe, bran muffins healthy recipe, apple bran muffins, applesauce bran muffins,